COVID-19 / Coronavirus Resources
Last Updated: 6/19/2020
Thank you for visiting our COVID-19 information page. As always, please continue to adhere to CDC guidelines regarding social distancing and consistent hand washing. As good neighbors we must be vigilant and work together to combat and defeat this disease.
How to get tested for COVID-19:
Testing is becoming more widely available across the state. Please use the testing site locator to find a testing site near you. Because people are most infectious to others in the beginning of their illness, it is recommended to be tested as soon as you have any symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild.
There are two FDA-approved home-collection COVID-19 tests:
1. Pixel system from LabCorp
2. Everlywell COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit
Note: if you have symptoms, please do not walk in to visit a doctor’s office, clinic or hospital emergency room without calling ahead. This is to protect the health of health care staff and other patients. More COVID-19 testing information is available from the Alaska health department.
- If you require information on available resources, please visit the links below:
- Unemployment: Alaska Department of Labor
- Housing: US Housing and Urban Development
- Food Assistance: Food Bank of Alaska & SNAP Benefits
- Healthcare: Alaska Public Health Centers
For more information about COVID-19 or resources for Alaskans in need, please call 2-1-1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, if you need help please feel free to contact me at email@example.com and I’ll do my best to help.